Parent Meeting Responsibilities 2012 - 2013
To show support for the school, parent/guardian attendance at either Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) or School Advisory Committee (SAC) meetings is required. Dunedin High Fundamental SWAS has no meeting make-up policy. A parent/guardian must attend either a PTSA or a SAC meeting each month. If circumstances arise which make it impossible for a parent to attend a required meeting, a representative (18 years or older, not representing another Dunedin High Fundamental SWAS family) may be sent. If a parent needs to exercise this option, he/she must call the office of the SWAS clerk by the morning of the meeting day. It is the parent's responsibility to make the representative aware of all obligations. PTSA and SAC meetings are held in the Dunedin High School media center or auditorium at 6:30 pm on two different evenings each month (see meeting dates below). Attendance cards will not be given out after 6:45 pm and credit for attendance will not be granted after that time. All students in attendance must sit with their parents, and you must stay until the meeting is adjourned to receive credit for attendance. There are no exceptions since this is the Pinellas County School’s fundamental policy.
PTSA Meetings SAC Meeting Dates
Monday, September 10, 2012 – 6:30 PM Tuesday, September 18, 2012 – 6:30 PM
Monday, October 08, 2012 – 6:30 PM Tuesday, October 16, 2012 – 6:30 PM
Monday, November 12, 2012 – 6:30 PM Tuesday, November 27, 2012 – 6:30 PM*
Monday, December 10, 2012 – 6:30 PM Tuesday, December 18, 2012 – 6:30 PM
Monday, January 14, 2013 – 6:30 PM Tuesday, January 15, 2013 – 6:30 PM
Monday, February 11, 2013 – 6:30 PM Tuesday, February 19, 2013 – 6:30 PM
Monday, March 11, 2013 – 6:30 PM Tuesday, March 19, 2013 – 6:30 PM
Monday, April 08, 2013 – 6:30 PM Tuesday, April 16, 2013 – 6:30 PM
Monday, May 13, 2013 – 6:30 PM Tuesday, May 21, 2013 – 6:30 PM
* The date change is do to the Thanksgiving
The procedure for unattended meetings is:
One missed meeting = A reminder letter will be mailed to the family.
Two missed meetings = A letter mailed home and family will be placed on probation. A representative cannot be sent to future meetings.
Three missed meetings = A referral to the Intervention and Appeals Committee (IAC).
|Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 September 2012 21:32|
- 12/01/2012 SAT Testing
- 05/23/2013 Senior Awards Night
- 05/27/2013 School Closed
- 05/31/2013 7th Period Exam
- 06/01/2013 SAT Testing
- 06/01/2013 Prom (7-11 p.m. Bayshore Arts and Events Center)
- 06/03/2013 1st and 2nd Period Exams
- 06/04/2013 3rd and 4th Period Exams
- 06/05/2013 5th and 6th Period Exams (School ends at 11:45)
- 06/06/2013 Graduation (9 a.m. Ruth Eckerd Hall)
- 06/08/2013 ACT Testing
- 06/10/2013 Summer Bridge Program Begins
- 06/12/2013 Report Cards sent out
What's Good at DHS
The Girls’ Softball AND Boys’ Baseball Teams were District Champions.
Track and Field:
- Long Jump, 110 Hurdles, and 300 Hurdles District Champion
- Regional champ in 110 Hurdles and 300 Hurdles, 2nd place Long Jump
- State qualifier in Track and Field, won medals in three events (Ahmad was only one of 2 athletes in all of Pinellas County to achieve this.)
- 2nd place in District and Regional qualifier in High Jump
- Discus District Champ and 2nd in Shot Put
- Regional Qualifier in Shot Put and Discus
The Highlander Band was invited to Disney to play in their parade and did, as always, a spectacular job.
The Navy JROTC cadets received highest honors and awards.
Junior Savanna Cook received the Helen Keller Humanitarian award from Florida’s Holocaust Museum in Saint Petersburg.