- 12/01/2012 SAT Testing
- 05/23/2013 Senior Awards Night
- 05/27/2013 School Closed
- 05/31/2013 7th Period Exam
- 06/01/2013 SAT Testing
- 06/01/2013 Prom (7-11 p.m. Bayshore Arts and Events Center)
- 06/03/2013 1st and 2nd Period Exams
- 06/04/2013 3rd and 4th Period Exams
- 06/05/2013 5th and 6th Period Exams (School ends at 11:45)
- 06/06/2013 Graduation (9 a.m. Ruth Eckerd Hall)
- 06/08/2013 ACT Testing
- 06/10/2013 Summer Bridge Program Begins
- 06/12/2013 Report Cards sent out
What's Good at DHS
The Girls’ Softball AND Boys’ Baseball Teams were District Champions.
Track and Field:
- Long Jump, 110 Hurdles, and 300 Hurdles District Champion
- Regional champ in 110 Hurdles and 300 Hurdles, 2nd place Long Jump
- State qualifier in Track and Field, won medals in three events (Ahmad was only one of 2 athletes in all of Pinellas County to achieve this.)
- 2nd place in District and Regional qualifier in High Jump
- Discus District Champ and 2nd in Shot Put
- Regional Qualifier in Shot Put and Discus
The Highlander Band was invited to Disney to play in their parade and did, as always, a spectacular job.
The Navy JROTC cadets received highest honors and awards.
Junior Savanna Cook received the Helen Keller Humanitarian award from Florida’s Holocaust Museum in Saint Petersburg.